Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What I made for dinner

Hi ya'll.....I have tried to blog before, but didn't keep up with it.  So, I am starting all over again.  So bear with me while I get it all together by showing ya'll what I am cooking or gardening or crafting or what deals I have come across, travels or just plain old chattin'!!!  So for now, I am going to show ya'll what I made for dinner last night.

These are most of the ingredients I had for this dinner.


First of all, I just started with some dried beans in a pot and covered them with water.  Brought it to a boil and then put the lid on and let it simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours with no stirring.  After the 2 hours were up I put in pinto bean seasoning mix and a few shakes of the salt and pepper shakers.



Then I went to the enchilada sauce mix and followed directions on the back of the package.  Sorry I don't have this one step by step because I threw the envelopes away....oops!  I used flour tortillas, but next time I will use corn tortillas....I prefer the taste of the corn for enchiladas and the flour for burritos and wraps.

cooked enchilada sauce


Browned up 1 lb. ground beef 











Dipped flour tortillas in enchilada sauce and added a half cup of the sauce to the ground beef.  Then I put a quarter cup of the mixture (as well as a little cheese) on each tortilla and rolled up.
 


Put eight of them in an 11 x 7 pan and poured the sauce and a cup of the cheese on top.  Baked at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes

Then comes the rice. 
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup chunky salsa
2 cups minute rice

In a medium saucepan, bring the broth,water and salsa to a boil.  Then throw the rice in and take it off the burner and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Then wallah.....there is your beef enchilada dinner.  A guacamole salad would have been great with this....but oh well!!!  Maybe next time with the corn tortillas ;o)


Oh, by the way, that little jalapeno pepper in the middle of the plate is from my garden :o)  (just had to mention that)!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment