Friday, September 28, 2012

Hummingbirds in the morning

Good Morning ya'll!! 

Out on the deck this morning with a mug of coffee in one hand and a camera in the other, trying to capture these little cuties that are buzzing over me and my cat Missy, while fighting (or playing) with each other getting to the full feaders I put out!

I am talking about these awesome hummingbirds.
It makes me think the birds and the bees got together ;o)



I hope you can see them in the last two pictures ( I need a better camera) !

I didn't know that these awesome birds can fly up to 15 mph.  No wonder why I can't get a good pic of them.

Hummingbirds are typically very territorial when it comes to food; once a hummingbird finds a consistent source of food such as an artificial feeder, it will fight off other hummingbirds to maintain complete dominance over the food source.

Anyway...they are great entertainment (they buzz around my cat and I bet she is thinking...how can I catch one of you guys)


Wishing ya'll a beautiful day! 
Ellen aka the southern elliekat ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment