Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lasagna Dinner

I have been making this same lasagna dish for years.  Everyone that I have fed it to loves it.  No cooking of the noodles involved!

First of all you will need:
1 lb. ground beef
3 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I make my own....will have to share soon)
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups (15 oz) small curd cottage cheese
3 cups (12 ozs) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
8 ozs. uncooked lasagna noodles

Brown the beef in a saucepan, then drain

Add spaghetti sauce and water and simmer for 10 minutes.

Combine remaining ingredients, except lasagna noodles, for filling.

Pour 1 cup sauce on bottom 0f 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.  Layer 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna noodles over sauce.  Cover with 1 1/2 cups sauce.  Spread 1/2 of the cheese filling over the sauce.  Repeat layering of the lasagna noodles, sauce and cheese.  Top with layer of lasagna noodles and remaining sauce.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.

This is really yummy!!!  Sorry for the sad looking pic.  We ate it up before taking another pic. 

Anyway, I just need to get a better camera.  If anybody has any suggestions on a camera I should get for these kind of pics (that won't cost me an arm and a leg ;o)) PLEASE let me know!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment